Friday, April 20, 2012

Slow Sewing Week

Didn't get a whole lot of sewing done this week.  Sometimes "life" takes up a lot of time.  I did manage to finish the top for my H2H 2012 quilt (more here) and also pieced the back this week.  I was planning to sandwich and baste it but the batting I have isn't wide enough.  Guess I'll be going to the fabric store this weekend!  Actually, on second thought.... a fabric store is not the best place for a girl on a self-imposed fabric fast.  Maybe I'll just order it online.


This is the back I pieced for the H2H Challenge.


It goes with this top.


This weekend I'm hoping to get the above quilt at least basted, if not quilted.  I still have to figure out the binding.  That turquoise was supposed to be the binding but the quilt was a teeny bit too small so I had to use it for the border.  I'm hoping I have enough scraps left to piece a binding with the same colors that are on the front of the quilt, but we'll see.


I'm also hoping to accomplish something with these scraps.




I won't say exactly what it's going to be, but here's a pretty good hint.


I won't be linking up anywhere this week (since I don't really have a "finish"), but I'm looking forward to checking out what everyone else has done at:

Crazy Mom Quilts for  "Finish it Up Friday" 
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for "Whoop Whoop Friday"

Edited: I just found a great new blog called "Sew Many Ways."  Linking up there for "Find a Friend Friday."  If you haven't seen this yet, check it out!


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

3 comments:

  1. Quilt looks great so far. My middle daughter would love that fairy princess fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. I have two daughters (now ages 5 and 8) so there is no shortage of princess / fairy / pink fabric in my stash!

      Delete
  2. Hello Kat!
    Thank you so much for visiting me at my blog! Now I can find you!!
    I see that you are a very talented lady as well as a fantastic mother! A quick glance and I see you've been sewing for your beautiful daughters and they obviously have some lovely items from your artistic work!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~