Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kat Quilt - Block 2

Block 2 (of 20) is done!  This one is the Ragnar logo with orange underneath, since orange is Ragnar's signature color.  I've posted a lot about Ragnar and what it means to me, you can look here or here or most importantly here if you're interested.


I realized a few things on my first block -- such as the fact that a lot of the patchwork won't show through.  This time, I only put the piecing where I'd need it to be.




Still more lessons learned on this one -- like not putting vertical pieced stripes underneath a vertical shape because they won't always be centered and may drive you nuts...


Even with the off center middle stripe, I don't plan to redo this block or any others.  I would if it was for someone else... which is not to say I'm *less* important than someone else... but part of the purpose of this quilt is to remind me that it's OK to not be perfect all the time.  


I'm all set to start on Block 3.  My goal is to complete 2-3 blocks per week, so I will hopefully end up with a finished quilt sometime by the end of the year.

I'm really, really hoping those black inside edges will curl up and fray the way I'm imagining they will.... if anyone has tips or advice for how to make that happen, please let me know!


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kat ~

4 comments:

  1. I love that you can "just go with the flow!" Your blocks are intriguing and the anticipation to see the next one has me on the edge of my seat:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so far ahead of me with your " own quilt" I don't even have any fabric selected,but it will happen one day. Love the shades of orange that show so well with the darker outline. Greetings from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great to me.love that orange under the dark colour.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kat, I like what you're doing here and I especially like how the star turned out. Looking forward to seeing the next 18 blocks and finally the finish!

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~