Monday, January 7, 2013

Priceless

Inspiration never really struck for the backing of the black and white quilt for my friend Phoenix, but the clock did.  Looks like I may be traveling to Phoenix (the city) for work in less than 2 weeks, where I'd love to deliver this quilt to Phoenix (my friend) in person.

I didn't want to spend a lot of time doing math and measurements, so I decided I'd just start piecing things together until it finally got big enough.  To see what "big enough" meant, I laid the quilt top on my tile floor and drew around the outline (directly on the tile, but not the grout) with a purple marker.  This way, I can just add a piece, lay it down, check the size, add some more, etc.

Can you see the purple line?
It's most visible across the very bottom of the photo then up the left side.


I did this before my 6 year old woke up this morning.  When she came downstairs and saw it, she looked at me in panic.  

"Mom, someone drew on the floor with a marker!!"

"That was me, Jess."

(15 second pause while she processed this, looking back and forth between me and the floor in disbelief.... Mom?  Drawing on the floor?)

"Oh mom...." she said slowly, "I really, really hope you used a washable marker!"

Priceless!  :-)


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

3 comments:

  1. Haha,great child.I hope you used a washable marker too,lol.
    The quilts coming long, will be keeping up with it.
    Love Laura.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for the little tyke, she letting you know you are not allowed to draw on the floor, I do like quilts but find them hard to make I admire anyone who can, good job.
    Merle.....

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~