Monday, February 11, 2013

Small Project Monday --- Plastic Bag Holder

I've got a bunch of quilts in varying stage of completion but I decided to take a little time out to make a project I could start and finish very quickly.  This is a plastic bag holder which will hang on the doorknob of my kitchen pantry (even though it does look nice on the tree).


I used a tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop.  The "recipe" calls for 16 charm squares @ 5" each, but I had a few already cut to 4", so I used 25 @ 4" instead.  Mine ended up a teeny bit smaller than the pattern since I had one extra seam in each direction, but for something like this, I don't think it matters.


All the fabrics came from my stash.  I practiced some curly, meandering FMQ.  I made the entire project in just over an hour.  I used grosgrain ribbon for my hanger, which you can see on the left side in the photo below.



~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

3 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm already on my second bag holder and I think I'm ready for another one........that looks like a good project to procrastinate on other projects with.....lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the prettiest plastic bag holder I've ever seen! You never cease to amaze me, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~